Monday, April 25, 2005

Watching, Judging, Look at the baby, Look at the baby

Up until Tuesday, if I saw a baby, I would get all annoying and speak baby talk and say how cute and play peek-a-boo and touch their foot so they wouldn't get ojo. Since Tuesday, this has changed completely for I have adopted an 8 week old whiney ball of teeth and diarrhea. She was very cute at the SPCA, all cuddly and sweet. I did not know that it was a manipulative ploy to get me to take her to my home so she could destroy every shoe and squirt poop on every pourous surface. The people at the SPCA also told me that the best thing a person could do if they had an older dog, was to get a puppy because it would make the older dog want to play more. What a load of bullshit. Bo does not like his new sibling and growls and bares his teeth when she comes within 6 inches of him. We are trying to crate train her. We can only leave her in the crate for a couple of hours at a time so her little bladder doesn't overflow onto her bedding...this means getting up every couple of hours to take her outside and try to distract her from biting my toes and plants so she can concentrate on eliminating. I had no idea, guys. Why didn't someone tell me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Cope said...

I have never heard of an older dog suddenly deciding to play with younger dogs. I have heard that getting a younger dog will help to prolong an older dog's life because it will not allow the older dog to go gently into that long goodnight. A younger dog forces an older dog to get up occasionally and find someplace else to relax. But I have never seen one play with a younger dog. Unless by "play" you mean "kill." You've been duped.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home