Monday, August 28, 2006

Congratulations J-Train Carr-Vann

So one of my best friends in the entire world, Jeanie Carr (also my college roommate) got engaged a couple of weeks ago. Funny thing - she is marrying a guy named Mike Vann. That would be like me marrying a guy with the last name sheetmetal...or something.

So Jeanie's dream wedding is very small and takes place on a beach in Mexico, barefooted, making me wear some sort of revealing something causing me to get third degree burns while my armfat tries deperately to upstage their vows. The happy couple would then return to the states and thow a party in Alabama (where Mike is from) and one in Texas (where Jeanie is from). Mike's mother had this to say in response to Jeanie's plan:

I don't like that idea at all. Not. One. Bit. We have over 300 people coming to this wedding and it will be taking place in Alabama.

This makes for a sad Jeanie. It is the girl's wedding, for crying out loud! I offered to get some of my homies and wait for the MIL to get off work so we could jump her. Jeanie wouldn't have it though. She is one of the nicest people I know and wants to please everyone. When Jeanie asked Nanci for advice (who will ruffle feathers...someitmes just purely for fun), Nanci told her:

This isn't going to be the first time you piss that woman off. May as well get started now.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Tell J-Train to call her future mother-in-law a meatbag. I haven't called anyone that in ages. It would sure be nice to see it get put to good use.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

If she's interested in keeping the old bag happy, they should elope and have their little ceremony on the beach, and then come back and have the big rigamarole in Alabama.

Though the first thing she should be asking the m-i-l-2be when she says there are going to be 300 guests is "Are you paying for this?"

We had 60-70 guests at our wedding, and it was more than enough.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She has to win the first battle. From there, she can then pick and choose. LOL. Always win the first battle, it usually sets the stage for the war. Oh, and her future husband better be on board with anything she says and stands up to his mother and defends his lovely bride-to-be. I've seen too many relationships totally gouged by the meddling fingers of an over-clingy, apron-lassooing mother-in-law... I hope J-Train kicks arse!

12:25 PM  
Blogger jules said...

Nanci sounds like a good friend to have your back.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Congrats!!! I agree, it is not the MIL's wedding.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Jaime that the person writing the checks gets the biggest vote.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Anthony S. said...

"So Jeanie's dream wedding is very small and takes place on a beach in Mexico, barefooted, making me wear some sort of revealing something causing me to get third degree burns while my armfat tries deperately to upstage their vows."

Armfat upstaging...that's funny.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home