Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Always Start Out Nice

I am of the belief that it is never nice to yell at people who can help you.

I have had problems with my cell phone company for the past forever. When I call customer service, I usually get transferred to at least 4 people and disconnected several times and then, when I am irritated because I have to explain the story to 8 different incredibly dense people, I get people telling me “Relax, ma’am. Just take it easy.”

Me: I am calling because your website is not accepting payments. May I please pay through you?
He: So you are calling because our website is not accepting payments and you would like to pay through me.
Me: Yes.

Silence

Me: Hello?....Hello?...Jesus Chri-
He: I am here. Just sit back and relax. So what is the billing address for your credit card?
Me: 123 ABC St.
He: So you are telling me the billing address for your credit card is 123 ABC St?
Me: Yes
He: That is not the address we have. We have 789 Imcompletelyincompetent St. Is this correct?
Me: No. That is two addresses ago. I have already changed my address with you guys at least 5 times.
He: So you have already changed your address with us several times?
Me: Yes

Silence

Me: Hello?...Hello??? ….HELLO?
He: I’m here. Just relax…go with the flow.

After 20 minutes on the phone of him repeating everything I said and intermittently playing the Is-he-there? Game, I was on the edge of my seat. I finally got my credit card information through to him even though he suggested several times that I need to call my bank and get the billing address changed to 789 Imcompletelyincompetent St.

Jackass.

When we were wrapping up the call, he tells me:

Ma’am, in the future, please feel free to use our online bill pay for faste-
Me: That is the reason I am calling – because your online bill pay is down.

However, since I interrupted his sentence, he had to read it again in true robot fashion.

He: Ma’am, in the future, please feel free to use our online bill pay for faster service.

Sometimes, when I lose it, instead of blowing up, I laugh. It is not a normal laugh. It is a maniacal gut laugh that implies that if I could reach you, I would surely disembowel you and then play nude in your intestines.

He: Relax, ma’am. Take it easy.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Okay, now I can do a voodoo doll of this guy for you, Chica. Please, just this once?

11:19 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

What is it with phone companies??? I am having problems getting my dad's name off of my bill. He has never had anything to do with this number, I even changed my address but for the last year and a half I have not been able to get his name off of the bill. It is driving me nuts. If I were good at lying, I would make up some fabulous story so they felt sorry for me and would get his name off of my bill.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Sudiegirl said...

Ah - I have worked customer service, but I hear your complaints loud and clear.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Why don't people listen when you're telling them important info?

8:20 AM  
Blogger Logophile said...

Some of the real people are worse than the recordings

12:46 PM  
Blogger Anthony S. said...

"Sometimes, when I lose it, instead of blowing up, I laugh. It is not a normal laugh. It is a maniacal gut laugh that implies that if I could reach you, I would surely disembowel you and then play nude in your intestines."

I'm glad I went back and read your past entries..you're on a roll (However, I would not like to hear that laugh).

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home