Thursday, October 19, 2006

Roaches

The only thing I miss about having a roommate is having someone there to kill the occasional roach. I am absolutely terrified of roaches. When it rains – and we’ve had a lot lately, I will find a roach or two in my apartment. The big kind. The big flying kind. Since I have started dating, I am realizing that many men are also terrified of roaches. That has now become a prerequisite for dating me. If you can’t kill a roach and dispose of it, you are not allowed to hit this.

That simple.

Does anybody know how roaches get on their back when they die? You’d think after they ingested poison, they’d just collapse on their front, too weak to so a freaking summersault. How the heck does that happen?

5 Comments:

Blogger Clearlykels said...

Oh my gosh. I have a freaking ladybug infestation. They smell and they are horrible. I am getting a vaccum with a hose today so that I can just suck them up and never have to think about them again.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm ... I think the fact that you HAVE roaches is going to deter most men who aren't wearing a YES 90125 tour shirt and a MACK hat.

Clean your dishes once in a while.

12:36 PM  
Blogger keda said...

oh bugger itall. now you made me itch.
skkrrgjjjiblies.

ugh and the somersaulting thing.. more itching.
gotta.
go. scratch.

12:42 PM  
Blogger The Mop said...

cockroaches--- I think it probably has to do with a death spasm, then the aerodynamics/weight distribution when falling.

I'm just guessing, I wonder if there is a grant available for some research.

12:51 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

IT'S SATAN! Yep, he personally flips every bug over on their backs.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home