Thursday, October 26, 2006

Skittles for Breakfast

It's one of those mornings. I couldn't get out of bed. My bedroom was chilly and I was snuggling with myself (and a load of clean clothes from the dryer that I was too lazy to put up so I slept next to them) and there was a thunderstorm outside.

Last night I attended a Pink Punch Guild cocktail party for breast cancer awareness. I got the invite from my ex-fiancé's mother. I hate calling her that. I hate associating her with such a negative part of my life. The last time I visited his parents, I was barely out of the driveway before I was in tears. It's hard. I am over the boy. It's getting over his parents that is hard. I sincerely love them almost as much as my own folks. I know I can be friends with them, but there will be no more lazy Sundays with them, no more laying on the couch, no more eating every almond in their house. I cried last night when she told me how much she missed me. I didn't want to cry in front of her. I don't want her to think that I'm not happy, because right now I am happier than I have ever been.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Here's the deal: You and your 2nd mother need to go out looking for a man for you and she can adopt him. That way she stays your mother-in-law. Plus, Brendan is now your stupid ass brother-in-law and you can get away with hating him, because that is what in-laws are for, right? And you won't have him coming over to visit. Perfect in-law situation!

I'm glad that you still get to do things with her, Crystal. Good for you for participating in charitable events. That is inspiring.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I am the worst person at these kind of events. Not that I don't support the cause, but I am not mature enough to resist taking pictures of me next to every occurrence of the word "breast" in large print. The Race for the Cure is always an embrarrassing ordeal for my family.

1:40 PM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

would the skittles go IN the pancakes? or inna dish alongside to test flavoriffic combos?

bawoo?

hugs - sounds like you need one.

B

3:47 PM  
Blogger Neal said...

I love sleeping through thunderstorms.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Kylee said...

I agree losing the relationship with the parents is the hardest..the changed relationship will get easier.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I like Skittles for breakfast. Perks up the mouth and give you that little sugar rush.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

grunt - you are a feckin genius! why didn't i think of that?!

portland - did you notice that i said breast and cocktail in the same sentence? i did. you are the beavis to my butthead.

bronx - thanks. i did need a hug. i take my skittles straight. i am fucking hardcore like that.

neal - you don't get much of that where youse at, huh?

kylee - i hope so. i can't handle the emotional crud that clogs me up after i see them. but i want to see them and it's worth it. just hard.

goldennib - know what else does that? crack.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home