Monday, February 07, 2005

Miserable

went to a superbowl party last night. i drank too much beer, ate way more cheese than i should have, and said many inappropriate things.

now i am at work. the space under my desk is quite roomy and looks increasingly more comfortable as the day progresses - my stomach hates me, my eyelids are threatening to seal in my eyeballs forever, and my brain is struggling to break out of my skull.

i refused to call in sick. i must take my punishment for my irresponsibility, do my work, and try to stay as far away from smellshot as possible.

i have sworn off cigarettes now for good. or at least until my lungs aren't overflowing with phlegm.

i have sworn off alcohol forever - or at least until i forget about my drunken foolishness and achy body.

i have sworn off cheese and i will spare you the reason why.

i think the day after superbowl should be a mandatory holiday, so that companies aren't put in jeopardy by their miserable employees half-assing their work and spending the majority of the day trying to get some rest without actually touching the toilet seat or the bathroom floor.

1 Comments:

Blogger cakeboom said...

o lord help us all, i just remembered that i ate a whole block of sharp white swiss. but it was sooooo goooooood.

maybe the chili will help us??

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home