Wednesday, March 30, 2005

You don't have to be proud of me this time...

If anyone cares, this is my 32nd day without a cigarette. Not even a drag. Not even a puff. Not even "just lighting it for someone else". I know that I constantly quit smoking and expect you all to be so proud that you stop what you are doing to admire and respect the fact that I am trying to make myself better, make my lungs cleaner, to accomplish what you all have already - some of you since you were born. I expect Brendan to wash my dishes every day - sometimes 3 or 4 times a day - because I smell like a sugary strawberry candy instead of an ashtray. I have even been out with friends who smoke and have not been tempted.

I didn't even realize it had been 32 days until yesterday. I guess I don't think it is that big a deal since I know I will probably smoke again someday soon. The less I think about it, the better.

Maybe if I meet Snoop Dogg, he will give me a t-shirt to show him my lungs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

you SO TOTALLY deserve a congratulations!!! i've been going through the same thing and it's very difficult. keep on, keepin' on!!!!!

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home