Wednesday, April 06, 2005

On Marriage (Part I)

I was reading Old Horsetail Snake's blog and it reminded me of this...

After I graduated from college, I moved back home to take care of my grandfather who was recovering from heart surgery. I spent several days at the hospital hangin out with him, talking about random things. Very random as he did not come out of the anesthesia well and was absolutely confused. Sometimes he knew where he was. Other times he thought my grandmother was hiding him in a secret room somewhere and 'where did she get all this equipment? take it off of me and send it back! we can't afford this shit' Sometimes he hallucinated. Most of the time he was absolutely confused out of his mind. It was pretty scary at the time, but in retrospect I think it is funny as hell. Kind of like the suppository in the wrong hole story. Was NOT funny with a burning vagina. Is funny now.

Sometimes he would do cute things. Like I would be standing next to his bed and he would look at me, then my reflection in the mirror and then back and me and then point to the mirror and say, "well, i'll be damned! that girl looks just like you!"

Then another time we had a conversation that went something like this:

G-Pa: What are you doing with that?
Me: What?
G-Pa: Yer daddy's coachbox!
Me (thinking) wtf is a coachbox??
Me: I don't have a coachbox.
G-Pa: What are you gonna do with it? You gonna set it on fire, ain't ya?
Me: No....
G-Pa: You'll know when it starts gettin' hot in here.

And then he fell right to sleep. Like a narcaleptic. (I've never seen one, but I imagine they would fall asleep like that).

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

DAMN you crack me up!!! :)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home