Tuesday, May 10, 2005

We are a couple of THOSE people

I am almost too embarassed to write this post, but! for lack of anything else to write about - which is a sad sad situation indeed, I am forced to subject readers to witness my confession and make judgements as they will.

I thought Brendan and I were a pretty average couple - cool enough to recycle (sometimes) and hip enough to not watch reality television (with the exception of Bug Juice and that is only because I never got to go to summer camp when I was a child and feel unspeakably deprived and blame my lack of social and bo staff skills on that very, very campless childhood). We stay pretty much happy aside from the mild bickering every now and then (and when I chick out on him and cry and say "Why do you hate me...." in between sobs and uncontrollable laughter).

However, yesterday we actually got into a fight. Yes. A fight....over who was a better performer: Christina Aguilara (sp?) or Aubrey from P.Diddy's "Making the Band". It lasted for a good 10 minutes. 10 minutes that I will never get back. 10 minutes that could be spent talking about how damn happy I fricking am. 10 minutes that could be spent making love or exfoliating my feet or even cleaning the kitchen sink with my tongue.

What is happening to me?

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris Cope said...

I don't know who Aubrey is, and that makes me feel so good about myself...

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We took you camping when you were little!

3:19 PM  
Blogger jks_ said...

way to make your mom feel bad, crystal.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, jks_. Sweetie, I did send you to a church camp once. I thought you were just going to color and sing songs, but you came back sounding like a tiny political conservative, and I didn't want you to grow up warped. Spending time at your grandma's was bad enough (Grandma's motto--"It's never to early to start turning children into little Republicans!") I was just trying to protect you.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

oh mom. i meant to a camp for the whole summer. i know you didn't prevent me from going. i would suffer from separating anxiety and pull my hair out. and we did go camping lots and had wonderful times! remember when i threw up in the tent at 3am? remember when bobby hit dad in the "area that i don't like to talk about my dad having one of those" areas? that was funny.
i love you mom!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

separaTION anxiety i mean

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, I couldn't have done without you for the whole summer. I would have missed you toooo much. Who would sing me jingles from every blooming TV commercial all day every day if you weren't there during the summer? I used to retaliate by singing rap songs with catchy beats and phrases. That must be why you have such an appreciation for music now. BTW, I'm thinking of adopting Thomas. I almost invited him home to eat homemade bread instead of that ten-day-old pizza he almost had at his sister's house. If you had come home this weekend, you could have had some too. Love, Mom

6:47 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

You made homemade bread?! You make the best homemade bread!

You can adopt Thomas, but I am afraid he will become your favorite - being the little liberal child you always wanted. and then i would be :(

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have half a loaf of bread left if you want to come over tonight. My roommate & I are going over to Pappasito's to gorge ourselves on cheese dip and cake. We're dieting by skipping the entree. You can help by polishing off the bread. You wanna go out and eat with us? I'll call you. Love, Mom P.S. Your position is safe. Thomas just called you a tree-hugging liberal. ha ha ha ha ha Like mother, like daughter. ;)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Mom, my stupid cell phpone was broken last night or I would have met yall at Pappasito's. I am glad you called Brendan's phone because it made me notice what a piece of crap my phone is. Thanks for the invite and if I wasn't already in my spandex workout pants (which really make me feel the need to work out with every jiggle of the behind), I would have totally met you and Becky for some cheesedip and bread fun.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home