Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bleh

So I have an addiction. I can’t stop. It’s part of the reason I haven’t blogged in a few days. Another reason is because I have been so stressed out that my spleen has actually grown teeth and is gnawing away at my liver as I type. So feel special that I am posting today dammit. So this addiction…it’s pretty effing pathetic. It’s called Gin Rummy. My friend, Steph, and I cannot get enough. We start playing when we get off of work and don’t stop until one or two in the morning. We sit outside usually so we can cat call any men that happen to walk by. It makes us feel normal even though our hygiene has gone totally downhill and we smell like we are operating a chopped onions factory. Plus, it’s the only possibility we have of meeting actual men. Good freaking luck, right? That’s ok. Because I have decided to take a sabbatical from all things phallic for at least a good week and a half to two weeks.

So Tuesday we were in the middle of the game when the FECKING WIND blew our game all to hell. We decided to go in and when we tried to open the window, we noticed several bees. So Steph and I armed ourselves with flip-flops and started smashing them. One got mad and attacked Stephanie and stung her on the ear. It was probably the funniest thing I have seen all year. I know it hurt and blahblahblah, but damn did I have a good laugh. She started calling people to find out how to make it stop hurting and got the following suggestions:

Kevin: Tylenol and ice
Rafa: No, not Tylenol. Benadryl and Alieve.
Daryl: Put some sperm on it.

Seeing as how we had no sperm lying around, or medicine for that matter, we just resumed our game. Well, yesterday, her ear doubled in size and turned dark purple and her throat got swollen and she has a temperature. I really hope she doesn’t die. That would totally ruin my plans for the weekend.

9 Comments:

Blogger Clearlykels said...

I love that game! I used to be addicted to Uno. I thought it was the best game on the planet for a really long time. Hmmm, i wonder if I can get someone to play Uno with me tonight.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I LOVE rummy. I've never played Gin Rummy, but I know they're fairly similar. But you don't understand...I looooooove it too.

10:43 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

I've never played cards that much, because I'm so easily taken. So, you're taking a "Bobbit", eh? Am I still allowed in? I mean, I'm a man, but I'm not freaking Florida, and that probably wouldn't even span the distance.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

Whatever you do, don't make her go to the doctor because the doctor might actually fix it. It is much funnier to watch friends suffer.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

crap. she went to the dr. today. apparently the damned bee gave her strep throat. no, no, i am sure it is not all the boys she has been mugging. it has to be the bee.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Did you get swollen ear pictures for show and tell?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Neal said...

How did she get strep from the bee? Did it French kiss her before stinging her? If so, then it makes everything ok.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Neal said...

How did she get strep from the bee? Did it French kiss her before stinging her? If so, then it makes everything ok.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I'm a Gamer! So.... even Better than (Gin) Rummy :-D
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/811
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/8500
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/9017

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home