Monday, May 15, 2006

p.a.r.t.y.

it was wonderful to see ekki! she rocks the house. i can't wait for her to visit me. this particular party was a no-alcohol-but-all-the-sugar-you-could-shove-in-your-face party. ekki was the only person i knew and she did a wonderful job of making me feel welcome, but

Crystal + Strangers - Alcohol (+ sugar) = Shy Bumbling Idiot

So a lot of the time I stared at my lap or tried to make conversation with a dog that was only interested in getting his ass scratched.

I got to meet Markis, who is actually a very nice boy. He gave Ekki a very sweet present for her birthday and scared the crap out of some poor cat.

Roxie didn't show and neither did Thomas....hmmmmmm, where were you guys? Being naughty, I hope. Probably not though, considering Thomas' daddy is under the weather. Have I ever mentioned what a complete Badass Thomas' dad is? He is awesome. And his brother can tell you any fact about Chuck Norris that you would ever need to know. Good people.

15 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Glad you had fun, Crystal. Yes, I remember how much booze helps. I always feel like counting floor tiles before I say hi first, in those situations. But, I figure I'm getting better at it. If it's business, then no problem. Weird.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I got to pop pills for other people this weekend. Fun stuff.

11:45 AM  
Blogger markis said...

what is p.a.r.t.y. an acronym for?

uh, and that cat was my freak'n friend when you were down the street guzzl'n whiskey with the retards!

hey punk, it was nice meeting you.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Kieran said...

Dogs are such users. A social situation with strangers but without alcohol? A nightmare!
Well done for surviving.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

You bumbling? I never woulda thunk it. Sounds like you did alright anyways...

7:15 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

markis. are you mad that i didn't invite you to guzzle whiskey with the retards? and, btw, i think they were only half retarded.

9:56 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

I had another commitment, I'm sad we didn't get to meet in person!

10:17 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Guzzling whiskey with retards sounds like a recipe for disaster. Good thing they're all wearing helmets.

10:36 AM  
Blogger ekki said...

Awww Crystal I am so glad you came. You rock! And you even got a phone number. Men love you everywhere.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous logo™ said...

When I grow up I want to be as cool as you Crystal.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

i'd take doughnuts!
and im sure the dog was the most entertained person just b/c of your fabulous attention!!
v

9:46 PM  
Blogger keda said...

wow you made friends without alcohol or a computer in front of you?????

hell.

i'm jealous.

as for the post below....

i once had a wet sock of a boyfriend called brendan.
he gave me crabs. though his family were fab.
i was definately better off without him. thank your lucky stars. no yummy mummy in law can make up for lame offspring with added yuckiness.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

I agree-- alcohol does enhance most social situations. It does sound like you had fun...even if some people did not show.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Güggs said...

Sugar is my best friend and my arch-nemesis.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Neal said...

Good for Markis scaring the cat, I'm sure it had it coming.
I had to use the FOIL method to solve your algebra problem.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home