Monday, May 15, 2006

p.a.r.t.y.

it was wonderful to see ekki! she rocks the house. i can't wait for her to visit me. this particular party was a no-alcohol-but-all-the-sugar-you-could-shove-in-your-face party. ekki was the only person i knew and she did a wonderful job of making me feel welcome, but

Crystal + Strangers - Alcohol (+ sugar) = Shy Bumbling Idiot

So a lot of the time I stared at my lap or tried to make conversation with a dog that was only interested in getting his ass scratched.

I got to meet Markis, who is actually a very nice boy. He gave Ekki a very sweet present for her birthday and scared the crap out of some poor cat.

Roxie didn't show and neither did Thomas....hmmmmmm, where were you guys? Being naughty, I hope. Probably not though, considering Thomas' daddy is under the weather. Have I ever mentioned what a complete Badass Thomas' dad is? He is awesome. And his brother can tell you any fact about Chuck Norris that you would ever need to know. Good people.

13 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Glad you had fun, Crystal. Yes, I remember how much booze helps. I always feel like counting floor tiles before I say hi first, in those situations. But, I figure I'm getting better at it. If it's business, then no problem. Weird.

10:15 AM  
Blogger The Dog of Freetown said...

Dogs are such users. A social situation with strangers but without alcohol? A nightmare!
Well done for surviving.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

You bumbling? I never woulda thunk it. Sounds like you did alright anyways...

7:15 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

markis. are you mad that i didn't invite you to guzzle whiskey with the retards? and, btw, i think they were only half retarded.

9:56 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

I had another commitment, I'm sad we didn't get to meet in person!

10:17 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Guzzling whiskey with retards sounds like a recipe for disaster. Good thing they're all wearing helmets.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ruthie said...

Awww Crystal I am so glad you came. You rock! And you even got a phone number. Men love you everywhere.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I grow up I want to be as cool as you Crystal.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

i'd take doughnuts!
and im sure the dog was the most entertained person just b/c of your fabulous attention!!
v

9:46 PM  
Blogger keda said...

wow you made friends without alcohol or a computer in front of you?????

hell.

i'm jealous.

as for the post below....

i once had a wet sock of a boyfriend called brendan.
he gave me crabs. though his family were fab.
i was definately better off without him. thank your lucky stars. no yummy mummy in law can make up for lame offspring with added yuckiness.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

I agree-- alcohol does enhance most social situations. It does sound like you had fun...even if some people did not show.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sugar is my best friend and my arch-nemesis.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Neal said...

Good for Markis scaring the cat, I'm sure it had it coming.
I had to use the FOIL method to solve your algebra problem.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home