Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Angry Day

My heart is broken today because of this article.

“If you’re not angry, then you’re just stupid or you don’t care.
How else can you react when you know something’s so unfair
The men of the hour can kill half the world at war
Make them slaves to a super power and let them die poor”

Ani DiFranco knows what she is talking about.

I gave a bum a dollar just because he had a sign that had the words “Homeless Vet” on it. I realized what that dollar was going to pay for as I watched him stumble over to my car, and this time, I didn’t hold it against him. I’d drink too.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breaks my heart and makes me see red.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Yeah.

12:56 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

It's sad, but it just shows that we need to snap out of it and quit being so self absorbed as a country. It takes a tragedy. I'm so sad for their families.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

I guess you can understand how it really breaks my heart - AND pisses me off!!! What doesnt help is the nerve of some idiots propsing troop withdrawl legislation right after that? I dont care where you stand on that issue - the timing is just insulting!

8:33 AM  
Blogger kari said...

i feel the same way. if i were living on the streets and had absolutely nothing to call my own (including food), i'd want to be trashed, too.

10:31 PM  
Blogger keda said...

yup baby. that'll do it. i didn't know ani difranco... but you are the second person today to mention her. so i'm now listening to the new album. and yes again.

i'm angry.

but i'm just about holding my heart together. not easy these days. but as it breaks each day its getting used to it.

stay strong babe.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Kylee said...

it is unbelievably sad and it is something I can't even imagine having to go through. All that they go through over there, in any war situation and then have to come back and live a "normal" life....how is that possible..how do they do it (so many dont) and how do we not do more for them...

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home