Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Foreign Guy

So he came back and he is moving here at the end of the month. He and I hooked up shortly after I broke up with Assface and he restored my faith in men. The first time he kissed me, I felt my knees get weak and I couldn't breathe. I had never experienced such passion. I cou;dn't concentrate at work. I would become speechless at the thought of his smile.

I saw him on Wednesday (he came back to Houston for a meeting) and I almost wish I would have just kept the memory of him. It's different now. I am different. He's still a great kisser and very passionate, but it wasn't the same. I built him up since he's been gone and I've been through a lot since we were together. Like Steph said, it's really easy to put someone on a pedestal, but it's even easier for them to fall off. It's true. Sometimes things are better left in the past.

6 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

Yeah, it's amazing how the memories are sometimes better than the real thing.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Our minds are wonderfully creative.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

I think the circumstance is the difference. When you were with him, your faith in men needed restoring. Now, it is apparently restored so his power is diminished.

If you truly want to appreciate this guy, you should have your faith in men wrecked again. Dating me twice would do it.

You could even call me Assface II, if you want. Or The Deuce, to save some time.

10:20 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Crystal, just stay away from dickheads altogether. Hang out with me.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

It's for this reason that I refuse to have sex with you...

Uhm, yeah. That's the reason.

1:05 PM  
Blogger inseattle said...

again, thank you for the vicarious love-life experience.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home