Friday, June 16, 2006

So long, Mrs. DidDi Peabody

I found out some history on the cat I have been fostering. Her real name: Didi. Before I got her, she got spayed, and before that, she had a litter of 5 kittens that didn't make it. Poor baby. I immediately felt bad for bitching about her CONSTANT B-M-ing that stunk up my entire apartment no matter how many times I cleaned that litterbox.

I don't know if I have mentioned that I am not really a cat person. I prefer dogs. Dogs do not poop in the house. Dogs do not jump out from behind the door and grab your leg with their TALONS making you drop your Diet Coke, giving you a mild myocardial infarction, and ruining your white Banana Republic pants that you look so cute in. Dogs do not get on the kitchen counter (where I prepare food, mind you) with their litter-box germ infested feet.

So, needless to say, I was having a hard time adjusting.

However, Mrs. Didi Peabody is the sweetest cat and loves to cuddle and sleeps curled up next to my belly. I kinda started to LIKE the thing.

I posted an ad on Craigslist.com and a lady named Patricia contacted me. I got good vibes from this lady the minute I heard her voice and last night, she came and picked up Kittypoopsalot. I was thrilled for Mrs. Peabody to have a cool new mom. I loaded up all of her things and when we were walking to Patricia's car, the kitty started freaking out, so I took her in my arms and she calmed down and my heart melted a little bit.

I'm going to miss her.

12 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Awwww that sounds like it must have been tough. I could not have a cat either though.

Cheers,

Scott

12:05 PM  
Blogger Jege (Jen) said...

I love both cats AND dogs, but I only have 2 cats right now. A dog would be nice, but with my schedule, the poor thing would get so depressed from lack of human contact.

12:50 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Yeah, this sucks when you have to say goodbye to living things that are adorable and don't go around sleeping with other people. Glad to hear that you found Miss Peabody a new mommy. Sorry about the Diet Coke and cute Banana Republic pants. This is what happens when you invite riff raff into the house.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Anthony S. said...

I always had the best cats growing up; very loyal and affectionate animals.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

Dogs are still better.

Am I evil for saying this? I don't care.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Neal said...

A dog will die trying to protect you from intruders, a cat will wait until the intruder has killed you then eat your eyes out. Plus the whole poopy feet on the table thing is just too much. Get a dog, they're more reliable than men and cooler (in a goofy way) than cats.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Gooner Craig said...

Crystal... I have a new sista... Abbey the black lab!!! I like her sooo much! She is so smart and everything I have wanted in a friend since Cleo passed away. She follows me everywhere and also helps me in the garden. Yea, I probably need a girlfriend but until the right girl comes along Abbey is my bestest friend.

P.S. will post foties soon.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Logophile said...

I prefer dogs, cats make me sneeze.
Better to miss her fondly though, then hate her stinking up your house long term.

10:06 PM  
Blogger jules said...

I've done both...dogs and cats. I like cats because they don't require as much intense "attention" as dogs, but dogs ARE more loyal and caring. And either are much more stable than men!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it was a difficult decision for you to make.

By the way, dogs can poop in the house. Mine has, unintentionally. She had the shits. It wasn't pretty.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Barry said...

I have some friends that just dont think cats are as dirty as dogs...the poopy feet on the counter thing should more than explain that

8:22 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

As a kid, I used to have a parakeet that I taught how to say "shaddup" and "pee pee". This is why birds are both evil and have my respect. I also have a private confession about something I did to a cat as a baby. But not for here. It is downright funny.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home