Thursday, August 03, 2006

GRRRR (Part II)

Being a woman, I think it is very important for me to handle my business independently. However, this tool at the dealership - THE OWNER, mind you - would not give me the time of day.

Now, I have talked to this jerk probably 10 times since I bought my car and each time he has treated me almost like I didn't exist at all. He walks away from me. Ignores me. Patronizes me. I'm sick of it. I figured I needed to get something done before I flipped my shit and sawed his nuts off with my lugnut hook (which is another story). After not getting a response from Howard, I decided to ask my boss for advice. Andy had the owner, Howard, on speakerphone and I got to hear this jackass APOLOGIZE TO ANDY and say how sloppy they'd been and how it'd been over a month (over 2, thank you very much) and how he was terribly sorry and that the problem would be rectified within 10 days.

What?!! As soon as I get a man on the phone, he is all lick-ass when I can't even get the guy to pay attention to me?!

I wish I could prevent every sale they have for the next 6 months. I wish this guy would get a clue. Obviously, I need to be patient because people will take notice of that kind of behavior and word gets around and he is in a competition-driven industry. I want it to happen now.

It is incredibly hard for me to deal with the fact that I am a minority and my business/feelings/satisfaction are completely unimportant to some people.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Damn, your patience have been tested to their limits lately, Chica. I'm proud of you for how you've handled this.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

I'm sorry, were you saying something? I was staring at your tits.

(Ducks)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Ah, Chris...good to have you back.

:P

4:54 PM  
Blogger Sudiegirl said...

It is frustrating, I agree. People in that position should be ashamed of doing that to women - what would they say if someone tried to brush off their mother, wife, girlfriend, aunt or daughter? I guarantee you the tables would be turned.

hang in there.

Sudiegirl

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home