Monday, August 07, 2006

Wednesday, Freak Incident 1 & 2, 1900

Synopisis: Got a flat tire. Changed it. Flat doughnut. Air. No good. Fix-A-Flat. No good. Stuck at a gas station in the ghetto for over an hour waiting for a tow truck to arrive.

[Enter Freak 1]

Freak#1: Hey girl. Do you know where I-45 and Tidwell is?
Me: Yes. You go down 8 to-
Freak#1: Well, my 18 month old daughter just died and I have two other kids and my wife is in jail and I need some money so I can get gas to go get my kids.
Me: I don’t have any cash. I’m sorry.

I know. Not that bad, but the entire time he was talking to me, he was trying to touch me. Ewe. Don’t touch me.
By the way, I am not an insensitive bastard. The guy didn’t have a car even. I watched him work the crowd at the gas station for almost an hour before he went and sat at the bus stop.

[Enter Freak 2]

A cowboy. An old cowboy in a huge truck with a trailer attached to the back. He sat in the parking lot and stared at me for about 15 minutes before approaching me. I was on the phone with Matt, thank God, so I knew if he abducted me, at least someone would hear it. He seemed nice enough at first but was eyeballing me and talking like the squeal-like-a-pig guy from Deliverance.

Freak #2: Hey darlin’. You need some hep?
Me: No, thanks. I have a tow truck coming.
Freak #2: You know, I seen you get up and you lookin real guud. Sure I cain’t help with nothin?

Gross. When he said it, his voice got all growly and freaked me out to the point of tears.

Me: I’m good. Thanks. Appriciate it.

He then went back to his truck and stared at me until the tow truck got there.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Some freaks just flat out suck. Tidwell indeed;)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

do you attract these people? Gross. Sorry.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home