Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Taking Care of Business

Usually I am camera shy. I like to be the one taking the pictures. I am not very photogenic. Or maybe I am just ugly. Whatever the case, I don't really care. My point? I hate pictures.

Except for now.

I look more horrible now than I ever have and I cannot get enough camera time. I take pictures of myself constantly and stare at them and I think I look beautiful. Strange huh?

It has very little to do with my looks anymore. I am amazed at what the human body is capable of. This bruising means my body is TCOB. It is not fucking around. It is working 24 hours a day to return to the way it was before I got sliced and scraped and sewn.

This whole experience has really put "beauty" into perspective for me. It isn't about how symmetrical your face is or how much you weigh or how many freckles you have on your face. The human form is simply beautiful.

This - coming from a girl who paid someone to rip her face open so she could look like everyone else.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Glad you noticed. I have a whole new perspective on how heavy the damn human head is. I don't think your other readers will get that, but you know.

12:26 AM  
Blogger keda said...

no we won't.... but we will wrack our feeble brains for way too many minutes trying to work it out..

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Everything in life has a price one way or the other. It just so happens that every once in a while it can be equated into an actual dollar amount.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Sudiegirl said...

I hope the end results justify the bruising...somehow I think they will.

Hang in there...

Sudie

5:22 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

you look great. I like that now, with two bruised eyes you are loving the camera. That is fabulous.

8:31 AM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

i know you don't know me from a hole in the ground, but i must say:

you're beautiful...

enjoy yer day.

B

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home