Monday, October 30, 2006

..and I'm convinced that you're from Mars

Last week Stephanie, Clint and I went to a bar that does open-mic comedy every Tuesday night to see Clint’s friend, Bob Biggerstaff do some stand-up. He is absolutely hilarious. He opened up for Dave Attell on Friday at the Improv and hooked us up with 4 tickets. So Stephanie and I took our dates, Maverick and Goose. Maverick was my date, of course, because I like it when men smack their gum and make love to my silhouette. Plus, I have a rule: I never date men with poultry names. I did not go to sleep until 5am. That Mav really knows how to party.

So Stephanie showed up at 8am so we could go to the Autism walk. She brought some burritos from McDonald’s. I love that girl. Surprisingly, I was PUMPED. I was wide-awake. We went to Jamie’s and then met up with the rest of the team. The walk started at 10. From 8:01 to 9:59am, I was jumping around, laughing and chasing this cow and this rabbit around. At 10am, my body decided to have a meltdown and each one of my feet suddenly became 30 pound weights. We made it though and had lovely conversation the whole way. Beautiful day. Beautiful people. This particular walk raised over $200k for Autism. I’m glad we could all help out.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

I'm guessing that you and Keith Moon would have been a great couple. That is not an insult, btw.

I'm glad that the walk was a success: 200K is a lot of money.

10:54 AM  
Blogger keda said...

well done babe.. shakey but sturdy.
good work.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Your weekend has amazed me and made me want a nap. I hope you eventually got some sleep. Also, what an awesome friend showing up with a breakfast burrito. Now, that is my kind of girl!

1:38 PM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

gratz on your fundraising skills... that rulz.

i did stand up comedy for 5 years back in the early 90's. shit that was hard stuff... you'd be amazed at what can make it thru chicken wire if it's thrown hard enough at you.

;0

hope yer well... come vote this week at fuzziechadsrule... they're funny and it shows how easily amused i am.

;)
B

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home