Tuesday, November 21, 2006

And so you thought you’d just drop by and you expect me to be free…

I will never understand the chemical process our bodies undergo while dating. What is up with the whole feast or famine thing? I either have a lush garden or a parking lot.

I started seeing a boy a couple of months ago who I pretty much dig. Last week, I got a phone call from a guy I used to have a huge crush on. He wanted to give it a go.

Then, last night, I got a phone call from a different guy who I had a wonderfully crazy fling with a few months back. I broke things off with him not because I didn’t like him anymore, but because I knew it wouldn’t go anywhere.

Call me when I am single, assholes. Technically, I guess I am single. I don’t have a boyfriend so I could go out with them. The twinge of temptation was merely that – a twinge. I couldn’t do that to my boy even though he could possibly be doing that to me. It’s not worth it.
Is that because I am a girl? If I was a guy, would I be jumping on all these opportunities?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typically, yes.


However, I would feel wrong dating someone else if there was only one person on my mind. Call me old-fashioned. Or fixated.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous moderator said...

I think most men are the same way. In some instances, we reset quicker.

Hell, I fall in love once a week. You were March 14th, 2005 in case you were curious.

11:27 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

I have stopped analyzing this stuff altogether. I saw the most retardedly ugly couple (sorry, but they did look that way)together and happy. If they can do it, but beautiful people can't then there is more to it than looks. Okay, I will concede that, but then you get into personality types and compatibility beyond that and it just overwhelms you. The limited amount of knowledge that you acquire and what reason you can muster up, given strong emotions, you end up relying on feel. It seems that analyzing is more of a pacifier to help you feel like you have a handle on things. Let's face it, you are doing things right. You dated a lot of men and you are narrowing it down. This is how it works best. You shouldn't stop thinking about it and analyzing, just don't get hung up on it.

Oh, and another thing, you've been seeing this guy for how long, and he isn't considered a boyfriend yet? What about that? That is just rhetorical mumbo jumbo, Chica.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Meh, if it feels right do it. Go with yer gut.
Wow, that was really good advice I just gave. Deep.

My work here is done.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Celeste said...

oh man, when it rains, it pours! how come men always seem to come out of the woodwork when you've finally met someone you like?!

11:10 PM  
Blogger biffm said...

I WANT YOU! Opps. Wait...does that confuse things even more?

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours? Wait till you're married - suddenly you're fighting them off. I wouldn’t juggle – life is complicated enough…

10:14 AM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

didjoo know that when you're involved with someone, you are more prone to give off sexually suggestive triggered pheremones? men too.. so that may have something to do with it. plus, frankly, if yer happy, and don't believe in the scientific side of all that shit, you're likely jes' being HAPPY, and SMILING, and yer already BEAUTIFUL... so that makes other men see, think, ponder and some will say, "what the hell," and approach you.

take it as flattery, and as a reminder that you are a true compliment to the opposite sex.

me thinkith so too.

giggle

happy belated turkey day.

B

12:27 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

funny how things change:-)

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home