Friday, March 02, 2007

"I Love" means nothing without "you" at the end...

1. Ruthie and her math guy are coming to visit this weekend! Weeee! We are going to have loads of fun. I don't know exactly what all the fun will entail, but it will be fun. I am going to let them sleep in my room. I even washed the sheets for them.

2. Part of my exciting weekend will consist of me leaving Ruthie and Jimbo to go grout a tile floor. If anyone has any tips on grouting, please let me know. I am completely botarded when it comes to homemaking shit. For example, I have 12' ceilings in my new place and no door on my closet so I had to find a curtain. Do you know how hard it is to find a 12' curtain?! Well, I finally did it - even had to hem the sumbitch. I couldn't find a shower rod that was only 3' wide so I bought a curtain rod. My father was at my house and shook his head as if to say, "I cannot believe that child came from my smart handy great-at-flipping houses-ass loins." What came out of his mouth was, "Mmmmmmmm" and he looked at me all squinty eyed. He told me that it wouldn't work. But since I also came from the part of his loins that is hard headed and ornery, I proclaimed, "This bitch is going up!" and climbed on a shakey barstool. Safety first. Like always, he was right. It went up ok but if I so much as breathed in the same room, the curtain rod would split in half and fall to the ground. It slid around and the curtain fell off and I said "Fuck!" in front of my dad about 6 times before he got some black electrical tape and fixed it for me. I was pretty excited and beamed with pride after it was all finished. On the way out of my bedroom, my dad made sure to state, "Don't get too proud of yourself. That thing is going to fall in the next couple of weeks."

Great.

3. The title of this post comes from this song, which I am linking to again because I love it so much and you should too. I love foreign boys who say "haht" instead of "heart" and "chuch" instead of "church".

4. Today I ate a rice crispy treat the size of my face.

8 Comments:

Blogger Me Myself and I said...

I looove 12' ceilings!

1:37 PM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

first of all, my god we have the same father...

2nd, rice krispie cookie-goodness RULZ.

3rd - if i were closer, i'd help. i rule wif' da fix-its.

;)

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, for a girl that can put her entire fist, as well as a Coke can, in her mouth, I don't doubt your supernatural powers to eat gigantic rice krispy squares.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

That's one big rice crispy treat.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Anthony S. said...

Finally, I get to post a comment on your weblog! I haven't been blogging or reading blogs much lately, so I had to catch up on everything you've been up to.

Here is everything so far:

-V.D. rocked for you.

-You have been listening to alot of good music lately.

-John Mayer is Edward Scissorhands.

You seem to be even more brilliant than usual these days, which is hard to imagine, actually. Is it because you are incredibly happy (in bliss)? I hope so. Whatever it is, keep it up; you are writing your best posts right now.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

i was in Houston last wk, so you could have called me to help with the grouting.
but i would have said 'no, sorry' because we were at a concert and my GF would have been all 'who is this chick and why are you doing her grouting, and wtf is grouting anyway, it sounds sexual' and i would have been in trouble.
so it's all for the best.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Your new place sounds awesome!! I am supremely jealous as I look for a new place. Also, my dad is the same way-- so, I just call him and let him take care of it. He likes to be needed, yesterday he spent an hour fixing my vaccum, that promptly broke again after 5 minutes of use. Fabulous. Thank goodness for Daddys.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

celeste - me too, except for when i have to buy curtains. then 12' ceilings suck ass. oh, and they also suck when we get our electricity bill every month.

bronx - what is it with all the people offering me their services and being hundreds of miles away? TEASE.

sir bob - i can't fit my entire fist anymore. i have manhands now. i can still manage the coke can, and i can definitely put away some cereal marshmallow heavenly goodness.

jerk - i know right? my face is the size of a radial tire.

anthony - yeah where have you been anyway? your posting as dropped!

bryan - promises promises

kels - dads rock the house. i don't know what i would do without one. probably be forced to stare at a messy closet all day.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home