Monday, February 04, 2008

and i didn't even pee

Me: Can we stop by the store so I can get some Dramamine for the plane ride?
He: Heh.
Me: What are you laughing at?
He: You’re going to take Dramamine. You’re a weenie.
Me: Weenie? I am jumping out of an airplane tomorrow.

And I did on Saturday morning. On Friday, I was terrified. I’d already given away my clothes and was preparing for inevitable death. I was going to back out, but thought it may deter my ultimate dream of being a Rad Girl (on Friday, I tried to down an entire bowl of chunky salsa) and I wasn’t about to screw that up. So I got up on Saturday morning and I wasn’t scared. A group of us drove out to Skydive Spaceland and suited up. I still wasn’t scared. Got on the plane. Was fine. However, here is some footage of me before I actually jumped out of the plane:




Just kidding. That wasn’t me, but it easily could have been. I wasn’t scared until the second my body left the plane. Then I completely lost my shit for about 5 seconds. We watched a video before the jump detailing what to do and what not to do. I, of course, looked like the DON’T portion of the video.


Then I straightened up and fell 14,000 feet and it was absolutely lovely. I bought another jump immediately. I have a ton of pictures, but my face + 120 mph wind = mentally retarded molerat.




10 Comments:

Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

Molerat perhaps, but look how well that harness lifts and supports your rack! heh

9:18 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

Wooohoooo!!! You go girl!!

You rock!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Very cool!

10:46 AM  
Blogger HeatherrrEloise said...

awesome.
i wish i had enough balls to do something like that.
but sadly i do not.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

OMG. That video was hilarious!

Good for you for doing that! I don't think I'd be able to...without at least peeing my pants.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Neal said...

I can't help but envy the guy jumping with you.

6:43 AM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

congrats on yer fall!
(that sounds weird!) now we have something in common aside from looking like a retarded molerat!

oi vey.

b

8:47 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

The video, that would have been me had I jumped!! Can you really go backwards?

11:46 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

You're cra-zee!!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

ea - lifts and supports should be replaced with smashed to the point of inversion.

chris - ok! your turn!

grunt - now that you are done with cancer, you should jump. freedom, baby. it's all about freedom.

heather - i bet you do. i didn't think i had the balls to either and i am so glad i just went for it. it makes me realize how many other things in life i am holding out on.

celeste - you had better be getting better!!! i peed before i went so if i did happen to urinate mid fall, it would be so little that my jumpsuit would soak it up and i wouldn't get it all over my instructor.

neal - he's cool, right? he had purple hair.

bronx - yay for jumping!!!

jamie - i didn't ask to, but i think you can. i wouldn't though. there is something about looking straight down that is absolutely thrilling.

kels - you're crazy for not buying that duty-free purse!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home