Tuesday, September 09, 2008

1982

This is a photo taken of my Grandpa Eddie and me on the farm. I am going to go ahead and point out the most obvious thing in the picture - my ginormous mushroom mellon and absent neck. I think when my Grandma Dorothy took this picture, my grandpa Eddie was all "This kid's head is huge! Grab the camera, Dot! We have to document this! Wait - we need to find something to put next to her head to display the hugeness of her head. No, not the grapefruit! We need something bigger! Put down the basketball, Dot, still too small! I know! A cow! We will show her head in relation to the size of the cow! That's the ticket!"

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Wilson said...

I hear that UFOs have a thing for cows and crop circles. Did that one over your left shoulder eventually land?

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mushroom head is adorable.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

Why did Chevy/GMC paint all their trucks the same colour in the 70s and 80s? Or is it that my Uncle Dirk was visiting?

2:31 AM  
Blogger tinyhands said...

"...and thus the tradition of humiliating all my future meals by first sitting on them was born. Soon, I'd be squatting on chickens and ducks, straddling pigs, and lounging upon lambs."

7:39 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

chris - omg! that totally IS a UFO! my grandpa used to tell me that a UFO landed and they filled the crater with water and put a bunch of catfish in. those catfish were HUGE. splains it.

pants - i'm surprised i could keep it upright!

chris - grandpa eddie had 3 painted just like that! they always smelled like cigars and wrigley's sprearmint gum.

hands - you should have seen the fun i had when i was a vegetarian. good times.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

These pictures are too cute.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home