Wednesday, December 03, 2008

when old men try to flirt......or get free haircuts. i dunno.

I have been crappy at blogging and reading blogs lately. I have been so busy with this new job even though I really can't tell you what all it entails aside from ROCKING MY EFFING WORLD. I think just getting away from ExxonMiserable made me feel less like a tired asshole (literally and figuratively). I went to a smaller company and guess what??? I heard the eff word like 25 times today! And also had a conversation regarding the gravitational effect short running shorts has on men's balls! It's like heaven here and shit.


I am in Lafayette, Louisiana right now. It's my first trip. I have a class tomorrow. This is the first time I have driven over 2 hours by myself and let me tell you how much it rocked. I can hardly talk because I sang/rapped and talked to myself about stuff, like, the entire way. One thing I don't like is, well, it is the South and I have found myself into even more redneck territory than Houston if you can believe it.

Anyway, some of the people I have run into are complete gentlemen even though they speak in a language made up of vowels and D's and G's ONLY. It's kind of endearing most of the time when I can follow them. So I was wearing this jacket tonight



and an older dude in the hotel lobby said, "id dat a werk codume, gir?" which translates into "Is that a work costume, girl?" and I said, "No, this is my incredibly fashionable cool-weather coat." and then he said, "huh. thod you wudda here-cudder" ("huh. thought you was a hair cutter.") and then I looked in the wall mirror and was like, holy spit! this jacket do make me look like a here-cudder! Dude, I walked around New York looking like a very confused yet confident hairdresser or maybe even a hair-client gone AWOL! What if Jake Gyllenhaal was walking his dog and saw me like that???? Close fucking call right there. It is the only coat I have and it is going to be 38 degrees in the moanin and I am going to go to a work meeting and now I have to wear it and I am all self conscious.

I am slowly but surely catching up on reading blogs. I miss it. I only have 2,469 new posts to catch up on, according to my bloglines. I need to shape the eff up and get my priorities straight here!

10 Comments:

Blogger tinyhands said...

You are in the land of delicious food and it's gumbo-weather outside. Ask one of the locals to take you to either Mulate's (myoo-latts) in Breaux Bridge or Pat's in Henderson.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Sassy Pants said...

I second Pat's in Henderson. It's the shiznit.

And that coat is super cute. Coonasses have no fashion sense, don't listen to him.

6:46 AM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

why yew r jes' cuter than puddin.

i mean that. now cut my damned hair.

;)

B

9:54 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

Some glasses, a clip board, and a stethoscope would have completed the whole sexy doctor thing. That would have fried his crawfish addled brain.

10:12 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Gurl, I need ma here cut. I's haven't had id cut since the docturs stopped pumpin' chemeecals inna me. Imma onna dem der hippie peepols now.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

i've been to mulates & was alittle less than impressed...

but i think you're jacket is cute. i'd wear it. maybe i'd rather be a hairdresser...hhmmmm.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could be a boon for your business meeting ... the guys (and the girls for that matter) could fantasize about your running your fingers through their hair.

5:09 PM  
Blogger BML said...

The first thing I thought when I scrolled down and saw the pic was, "Aw, cute jacket!" I did not once think that you looked like a hair stylist, or whatever you call them. I agree with Sassy. Coonasses have no fashion sense.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Jay Ferris said...

I can't say I understand women - especially the breed that you fall under - but I don't get how that coat makes you like a herecudder.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

I like the jacket. And the beauty of catching up on my blog is that it is all drawings. :-)

And a VERY cool video I made for my first semester of grad school. You'll find 2 of them in recent posts, watch the earlier one first.

Happy Holidays!

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home