Friday, January 23, 2009

don't normally look forwards to mondays, but...

i have to go to the lady doctor on monday. my lady doctors have always been lady doctors. steph's lady doctor is a dude. apparently he is very hot. i told her, "how can you have a hot gynocologist??? isn't that a little weird?" and she said, "well, what did you do this afternoon while i was having my vagina probed for 30 minutes by an enrique iglesias look alike?" and i said, "what is his phone number?"

so i am going to see him. let the vagina probing begin!

another incredibly personal thing about steph that i know she will be very happy that i told my readers, mom and lee pace, is that i picked her up from her surgery a couple of weeks ago. she was very groggy still and i stood by her bed while the nurse gave me post-surgery instructions. steph was out of it and would pick up her head every now and then to whisper "where is my fallopian tube?" the girl was in another world. so the nurse says, "peri-rest (sp?) for 2 weeks" and i was all "what the heck is peri-rest?" and the nurse made sort of a fisting motion and said, "nothing inserted into the vagina for two weeks" and steph picked up her groggy arm to do a fist pump and whispered, "yessssssss" i asked the nurse if she could prescribe "oral rest" as well and she gave me a look like the old dude at home depot when i asked him where they kept the black caulk and then told him i don't care what kind of caulk it is, i just really need some black caulk. so, sorry steph, i tried.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jay Ferris said...

And by Home Depot you mean the Riverside Terrace neighborhood?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Funny post!!!! I also have a male "female doctor". I wouldn't say that he is hot but he is an excellent doctor and a well known surgeon (I haven't needed to try out his "skills" yet but it is good to know). But, I think you and Steph are onto something here...since we, as women, have to be "probed" regularly...a hot doctor isn't a bad idea. Have fun:)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

I have a female doctor and at my last prostate exam, I swear I could hear her texting.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Jesslyn said...

I had an Austrailian doc once, and when he asked me to scoot down more he made a comment about now scooting too much as too fall on him.
It was funny, but I never went back to him. I just kept thinking about falling on his face...

11:26 PM  
Blogger shine said...

My lady parts doctor is a dude, and frankly...he is far more gentle with my lady parts than those bitches I went to before him. And he's fast.

I know it's not normally complimentary to say a man is "fast," but in this instance, the faster I can get my underoos back on, the better.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home