Thursday, January 29, 2009

I don't even care what you think! So there!


I am reading the Twilight series. No spoilers here. Holy crap. I can't stop. I had heard about it from several different people. My big brother even read it and he comes from a place where it is perfectly acceptable for the dog catcher to carry around a .22 instead of leashes and where conversations after church consist of how to effectively catch & drown whatever rodent has made it into your barn. And, he read it in one night. He says it was because his daughter was sick and kept him up, but I know better than that. He wanted to know if Bella was going to do sex with Edward. So, after I read the first book, I dragged Ryan to watch the movie. I was kind of disappointed. If I would have seen the movie before I read the book, I wouldn't have read the book. Ryan even fell asleep. But let me tell you...and I am not one to get all pussy crazy over movie stars...and Ryan, baby, I love you more than anything...but holy crap the first time they showed Edward, I got all wet. And that was because my mouth hit my neck and drool started pouring out all over my t-shirt and I had to shove popcorn in it to plug it up. The deficit caused by cheesiness and lack of character development was compensated for by the good looking vampires. There were even some hot vampires for Ryan to scope out. Worth the $8.

I just finished the 3rd book and I am trying to put off buying the 4th one for awhile because I don't want it to be over.

Y'all need to read the shit.

10 Comments:

Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

that is the absolute best review of those books that i've read so far!

drool started pouring out all over my t-shirt?!
now i have to read them.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

But I don't need to read it; I already know how it goes:

A group of unrealistically good looking (and pimpleless, I might add), yet overly mature teenagers whine and moan their way from one drama to another, as if their generation is the first to invent adult situations. heh.

If I wanted to be exposed to that, I could just visit my extended family on the weekends.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Anthony S. said...

I won't judge you.

8:23 PM  
Blogger BML said...

I knew I loved you for a reason.
I, for one, am in LOVE with Jacob.
I am at the same spot as you, finished with book #3 but not wanting to move on for fear of it all being over.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

i started the 5th book!

i couldn't help it.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jesslyn said...

I read them all in a span of maybe three weeks, and I want to marry Edward but have him be okay with me molesting Jacob.
Is that so much to ask?

11:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't agree with you more. While addicted to the books to the point of withdrawal, the movie lacked character development. Hopefully the sequel will offer more of a fix.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

See, didn't I tell you it was addicting! I don't feel quite so ashamed since I found out I am not the only adult who wants to find Edward and make sweet, cold vampire love to him.

What the movie lacked, it more than made up for with lots of Edward screen time. Too bad he won't be in as much next time.

Oh, how did you get Ryan to join you. Jay said he wouldn't step one toe in that vag fest. Did you drug him, what did you use? Cause roofies don't work in our house for some reason?

6:35 AM  
Blogger NovelTeaMommy said...

I haven't seen the movie, but have read all the books. While I would love more story, I am just as happy not waiting for another book to come out! My fansasy's have writen the next book in my head, which I think is just as good ☺

8:08 PM  
Blogger shine said...

I don't understand this...it sounds like Dawson's Creek, but with vampires?

I've read a couple of excerpts and the writing makes me want to gouge my eyes out. How do you get through that part?

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home