Thursday, May 27, 2010

aaaaaand THAT happened!

It is time for a frank discussion, yo.

One time, one of my friends got a brand new desk. It came unassembled so she dragged it into her home office and assembled it there. When it was time to move the desk to another room, she realized the desk was too large to make it out of the door. So she had rip her door frames off in order to get it out.

That is basically what is happening to my body right now except by desk I mean baby and by door frame, I mean my fragile taint.

What had happened was....

I have been on the pill for 12 years. Also, I am 31 years old so I figured my eggs were like some type of geriatric eggs and only came out of their home once a year to check the mail. So I missed a few pills when I was traveling.

And then Ryan took me golfing in his new golf cart and we drank some beer. And before I knew it, we were washing dishes on the 4th hole. I should have known! He does his best work on the golf course!

I found out on a Monday and freaked out. What is my dad going to say??? He is going to know that I actually do it!! Not only that, but he is probably going to know that at some point I said the words that gave permission to have STUFF released into my special purpose. I broke out in hives. My dad was cool about it though. It's kind of a family tradition.

Ryan and I initially had our wedding date set for August 28th. However, I did not want to be dragging my fat ankles down the aisle so we changed the wedding date to June 26th. Hopefully, I will be able to fit in my dress still. I am 10 weeks today. We shall see.



14 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Wow! Congrats!

10:15 AM  
Blogger xxBitchFacexx said...

Congratulations! I love reading your posts. =)

7:19 PM  
Blogger The Mop said...

Super exciting!!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

holy sh*t, yo!
congratulations!
you know they eventually turn into teenagers, right? ;-)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Blur said...

Wow... That was unexpected! Congrats!! I guess that means you can start eating again. Good Luck, you'll do great :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

so that means yay i can tell people;) i love you to pieces! you're gonna be the most adorable preggers ever & that means you get 2 showers in a few months of each other! score!

i semi wondered about the changing the date thing...didn't seem like you to just FORGET to book the venue;);)

5:12 PM  
Blogger heatherfeather said...

Awesome!! That baby looks like it has a great sense of humor already. Not to say it isn't attractive and only has it's personality to go on, but...oh, never mind. Congratulations, C!

7:55 PM  
Blogger BML said...

So I read this news on someone else's comment section... okseriously? sassypants? Meh, I don't remember... Anyway, I was like whhhaaaaaattt??? That was a blindsider. Kind of. I act like I know you or something. Ha.
But congrats!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Awesome! Congrats!

I wondered where you had been all this time.

Turns out you were golfing.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

You are officially one step closer to becoming Jay and I. Intoxicated knock-ups are common around our house.

And at least now I'll have someone to send the "I'm Proof My Mother Likes to Fuck" onsie I've been hanging on to.

3:18 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Super congrats!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks y'all!!!!!!

Brandi - I posted on Okay Seriously I think. Next time this happens, I will be sure to text you! :D

Christie - I am sending you my addess.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Anthony S. said...

Wow, I'm behind. Congratulations! I mean for both the baby and your pooping twice in one day on the most recent post.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Dina said...

congrats, you'll be the funniest mom evah!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home