Thursday, August 15, 2019

Social Media, Bye

I deactivated my Facebook and Instagram accounts the other day because I was spending too much time distracting myself with them when I was supposed to be working, driving, doing my kid's kindergarten homework for him, making sarcastic remarks to my husband about his cooking/laundry/sexual prowess, inspecting my dog's tumor/my aerolae/fruit that has been in the fridge for more than 6 months, ETC.

and Oh My God, I am BORED AF now.

Part of this is good, see, because it is making me realize that I have been being sucked into a mindless tunnel with walls decorated in dumb memes and pictures of people's lives that are soooooo----->ooooo much better than mine.  Part of it is bad, see, because now I have to come up with other shit to distract myself with...because I am certainly not emotionally ready to handle all of the stuff I mentioned doing in the first paragraph.

AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND, Y'ALL!  A blog nobody reads anymore.

So I am going to document my social media break here so that I can remember what slumming it is like when I inevitably log back onto fb/IG in a couple of weeks (or, more realistically, in an hour or so).



1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Husband? Kid? Areolae? As much as things change, they stay the same...

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home